Friday, February 15, 2008

Flowers, Weddings, and the predicted Funeral...

I learned something new today...

I learned that if you want fresh cut roses to last longer, you have to cut off an inch from the bottom everyday (diagonally), so it will absorb water again.

Apparently, the ends of the stems seal up or "heal" or something in the span of a day. And thus, the bud can no longer suck in water...

Funky, huh? :D

I wasn't really planning to get the wifey flowers for Valentine's since we were in some agreement that the money would be better used to buy a new blouse for her. "New blouse in lieu of flowers," apparently... heh heh...

Then I got a text message from a friend who was helping sell some fresh Ecuadorian roses at a price I honestly felt was a bloody steal... (There's a nice couple who've made a rather healthy side business of flowers and floral arrangements. They apparently don't do retail, but were bringing in these Ecuadorian rarities for the occasion... Call them for weddings and similarly planned stuff. Call: 0917-8117071 and look for either Mike or Charo) So i reserved a dozen (the minimum order), and waited patiently for my wife to react on February 13, which was the delivery day... So react she did, and when I got home I saw rosebuds the size of fucking large eggs... damn beautiful...

A lousy photo of lovely beautiful flowers taken by a beautiful and happy woman on a very corny day...

When asked by my friend if the wife liked the flowers, I said: "She liked them so much, that if she wasn't pregnant right now, I'd have been sure to get her pregnant that night!"

I met the lovely flower-dealing couple today for coffee, and they told me about their rather blooming flower business (yes, stupid pun was intended). They mentioned about catering to a lot of weddings and other stuff except for funerals, since they couldn't be planned.

and all of a sudden, i felt just downright eerie... then I said, "If someone calls in for full floral arrangements for a wake, call the cops."

I mean, if you knew, or had an idea that you were going to die in a couple of weeks, would you order flowers? And wouldn't it be rather scary if one got a call, and the guy on the other line said: "I'd like a few bouquets for my funeral next week..."

(cue the Twilight Zone soundtrack...) Doo-doo... doo-doo... doo-doo... doo-doo...

So if you need flowers and floral arrangments for weddings, debuts, birthdays, anniversaries, and even funerals (just make sure you pay upfront and use a false name or they call the cops), call 7Lily Floral Atelier at the numbers above (you WERE reading, right? ask me again, and i bitch-slap you... but here's the number anyway... 0917-8117071 ).

No comments: