Sunday, September 14, 2008

NO PLANS...

Every now and then, one has those days when NOTHING goes as planned…

Last Sunday was one such day…

I PLANNED to leave Baguio City earlier since the wifey and I had to take her father to the airport…

We PLANNED to take her brood over to Amici at Tomas Morato, where California Pizza Kitchen used to be, for a nice, relaxing dinner…

We PLANNED to hit Pampanga by mid-afternoon...

I PLANNED to hit the Maverick office running strong and hard this week and the next to give me and the team enough momentum for my rather long tenure by the end of the month when my brother heads for his European vacation…

I PLANNED to catch a movie at least twice this week starting Monday…


aaaaaaaaaand here’s the day…

I DID NOT plan on forgetting to get those low-end cellphones from the store for office use. But I did, so I had to wait until the store opened so I can grab a couple of those cheapo phones and get them signed on the receipts to my credit…

I DID NOT plan on having a flat tire while traversing Kennon Road at 11:30am…

I DID NOT plan on not having the necessary tools to get the spare tire unchained…

I DID NOT plan on finally getting the spare tire out, then finding it doesn’t have air…

I DID NOT plan on wasting two hours along Kennon Road while Dinos, the Harrison store’s Security Dispatch Commander drove down, then ran back up to the city to find a vulcanizing shop that worked on tubeless/radial tires…

I DID NOT plan on not having an honest lunch, and finding the first drive-through spot to my convenient right to be a KFC, which asked me to wait for around 15 minutes for my orders of Zingers, which the wifey turned down, and we were left with tiny chicken fillet sandwiches. NOT a proper lunch…

I DID NOT plan to waste a lot of my coming work week acting like fifth-grade dummies while SMART (yes, the telco) pretends that pre-paid load distributors have to subject ourselves to pointless lectures where only they will truly make all the money anyways…

I DID NOT plan to still be up tonight after a long drive…


Later, dudes…

No comments: