Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Maverick Maverick Maverick... what am I to do with you?


Maverick will live. That much is an undeniable truth. Maverick will stay alive in whatever form as long as I want it to.

The question now is: do I still want it in this form?



I find myself being weighed upon by some sense of responsibility to a handful of people still in the house who seriously need the jobs for their survival, and through it all I am crushed by the empty echoes of laughter that was in these walls that grow ever colder.

Maverick will live. But Maverick will always be me. Telling myself that Maverick has outgrown me and will thrive in my absence is a cruel joke that even I do not find funny.

Well, here I am. I’m not going anywhere. But it’s time for some serious rehab…

No comments: